Definitions of "Business" & "Factual Matrix"
"BUSINESS. 1. Includes a profession, calling, trade, manufacture or undertaking of any kind whatsoever and includes an adventure or concern in the nature of trade but does not include an office or employment. 2. An undertaking carried on for the purpose of gain or profit, and includes an interest in any such undertaking....[definition quoted fr. p.59 -- Pocket Dictionary of Canadian law / Daphne A. Dukelow -- 4th ed. ISBN 0-459-24407-8. publisher: Thomson Carswell Carswell.com ]
"FACTUAL MATRIX. In relation to a commercial agreement, the background of relevant facts that the parties must clearly have been take to have known and to have had in mind when they drafted the text of their agreement."
[definition quoted fr. p.188 -- Pocket Dictionary of Canadian law / Daphne A. Dukelow -- 4th ed. ISBN 0-459-24407-8. publisher: Thomson Carswell Carswell.com ]
BusinessMatrix.com is a cooperative venture of a group of business lawyers, business consultants and accountants, with backgrounds in: business ventures development, business immigration, trademarks, patents, copyright, product liability, professional negligence, shareholder mediation, employment & labour law, and defense of complex tax evasion charges. etc.
This site has been developed with the micro-business, small business, entrepreneur, and business ventures development person in mind. The professionals referenced have an average of over 25 years of experience in working with business startups and development. They range in backgrounds from law (barristers & solicitors), accounting (e.g. CA & CGA ), administration ( MBAs & executive coaches) , graphic design and information technology (e.g. librarians, library technicians, cartographers).
Copyright © 2012 all content and images provided by contributing writers, graphics illustrators, designers, cartographers photographers, lawyers, accountants, business administration consultants, etc.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
NB. special thanks is given to Ms. Cat Wong, in San Francisco for contributing the graphic of King Midas used in our first main graphic collage. Ms. Wong is an experienced children's illustrator, see claraandclarencebear.com and currently developing Apple and Microsoft e-book apps for children. The intent of the Midas graphic is to bring some humor to this site, as the professionals work with so many entrepreneurs with dreams and fantasies that need to be translated into functional business operation plans.
Business Professional Services
Article on Business Planning & Incorporation:
- Why should professionals incorporate? Factors that doctors, dentists, physiotherapists, realtors should consider before incorporating their business.
Article on Canada's Temporary Foreign Worker Program
- immigration permits & options
Useful information for prospective workers and employers/businesses.
Articles on Employment Law:
"Reasons to Call Your Employment Lawyer Before You Think You Need Them"
- Aggravated Punitive Damages and Wrongful Dismissal
- Business Immigration Lawyers: Canada | U.S.A. | Vancouver · Victoria · Toronto G.T.A.
· Montreal · California
- Business Planning
- Branding & Marketing: Trademarks, Patents, Copyright, Trade Secrets, Industrial Designs, Licensing
- Incorporation / Startups: Victoria · Vancouver
- Micro / Small / Business Ventures Planning
- Shareholder Disputes: Mediation vs Litigation
- Buy - Sell a business
- Cross border business contracts
- What is "Business Immigration" ?
- Intra-Company Work Visas
- Canada vs USA programs
- Liability Insurance: Consumer / Commercial / Contract Class Actions e.g. Product liability, Professional Liability Mass Torts
- Commercial Property Leases
- Commercial Real Estate Purchase
- Debt Collection
- Small Claims Court for the micro-business-entrepreneurs
- Culture & Languages
- Globalization and Communications
- ESL and English vs Koin Greek
- Beijing Language Institute
- Criminal Defense Lawyers
- What is "White Collar Crime?"
- Private Investigators
- Computer Forensics
- Federal Government Revenue Tax Evasion Charges
- Executive Coaching & Development
- Directors Responsibilities & Liabilities
- Directors Business Insurance
- Human Resources & Employment Law
- Employee Contracts
- Employment Standards
- Wrongful Dismissal
- Labour Law
- Workplace injury: WCB coverage / appeals
- Intellectual Property & Information Technology
- IP-IT lawyers
- What is Intellectual Capital?
- Marketing & Graphic Design, Illustration, Graphic Novels
- NGO's Non-Government-Organizations
- Private Investigations: Private Investigators for Business, Truth Verification and Polygraphic Technology
- Succession Planning: Wills etc.
Notes in Chinese re Canada Business Immigration Options
我们可以评估您的背景和商务目标，然后协助您选择最合适的商业移民选项。从1990年至今我们曾帮助不同商家移民加拿大，我们可以指导您走过申请过程的每一步。 [quote from CanadaVisaLaw.com/ch 2013.10.02